American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA)
The Town of Acton received $7,072,733 in funds from the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) to address the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Acton has successfully utilized several previous funding programs to support local families and businesses and to provide resources to our public health officials and first responders. We allocated $2.1M in CARES funds to programs such as contact tracing, emergency rental assistance, food security support, technology and infrastructure needs in town and school buildings, and virtual working and learning tools.
On September 13, 2021 the Select Board established a process for allocating the ARPA funds. The Board reviewed a draft list of investment priorities from an initial needs assessment and launched a community engagement process to solicit feedback from the public. After receiving this feedback the Board voted to approve an ARPA investment plan on October 18, 2021.
A comment period was open from September 13, 2021 until October 13, 2021. A public listening session at the Select Board meeting occurred on September 20, 2021 with virtual participation through zoom. Multiple public meetings were also held in which the investment priorities were discussed. Please see the list below.
- September 13, 2021 Select Board Presentation
- September 14, 2021 Acton Finance Committee Presentation
- September 20, 2021 at 7:30PM Select Board Listening Session
- September 28, 2021 Finance Committee Meeting
- October 4, 2021 Select Board Meeting
- October 14, 2021 Finance Committee Meeting
- October 18, 2021 Select Board Meeting