The Transportation Services assist and provide residents access to public transportation with door to door trips within the Town and adjacent towns. Four handicapped-accessible vans are dispatched Monday through Friday, providing trips for Seniors, People With Disabilities, Special Populations and the General Public. Trips can be booked by calling CrossTown Connect dispatch at 978-844-6809 any time between 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM.
Fixed Route services for commuters, employees and shoppers are also provided. Acton’s Rail Shuttle connects two off-site parking lots to the South Acton Commuter Rail Station. The Cross-Acton Transit (CAT) connects housing complexes within the town to the business centers in Kelly’s Corner, West Acton Village and along Great Road. There are also stops at the Town Hall and South Acton Commuter Rail Station.
More information regarding Acton’s transportation services can be found at http://www.crosstownconnect.org.
Other transportation resources:
Cross-Acton Transit - http://www.crossactontransit.com/
MBTA Commuter Rail Schedule - https://www.mbta.com/schedules/CR-Fitchburg/timetable
Lowell Regional Transit Authority - http://www.lrta.com/
Cross-Acton Transit (The CAT) is an hourly fixed-route bus service in Acton that links residential areas, businesses, and the South Acton Commuter Rail station together.
Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Note: As of September 1, 2019, there is NO FEE to ride the CAT.
Track the CAT online anytime with live GPS updates on it's current location: http://www.crossactontransit.com/
Please note, the shuttle does not run on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President’s Day, Patriot’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving and the day after, and Christmas Day.
Acton is one of the founding members of CrossTown Connect. CrossTown Connect operates in the participating communities of Acton, Boxborough, Concord, Littleton, Maynard, Sudbury, and Westford. The goal of CrossTown Connect is to:
- Create a community consciousness regarding traffic, transportation and related matters among both the residents and the business sector.
- Provide leadership in combining area resources to maximize mobility within and access to the communities.
- Coordinate a network of transportation resources to effectively move people
- Enhance the area’s economic vitality while minimizing the impact of development
Make the most efficient use of nearby public transportation services.
What we do
- CrossTown Connect offers key programs that improve mobility in the region and works to give members a voice on transportation policies, legislation, and projects. Programs include:
- Working closely with public agencies and stakeholders
- Establishing employee transportation networks
- Advocating for resources and legislation
- Facilitating “last mile” connections
- Providing commuter services such as ride-matching, an emergency ride home program, and active commuting options
- Marketing programs to increase participation
- Working to decrease traffic congestion and improve mobility across the region
- Facilitating local economic development while minimizing the impacts of that development on the transportation infrastructure
- Develop local transportation services and programs to meet the needs of members
- Reduce mobile source emissions to improve air quality and the environment
- Serve as a conduit between communities and businesses to facilitate compliance with zoning ordinances