May 22, 2020
As of May 18, 2020 Governor Baker has issued updated rules and guidelines for construction.
The following links will take you to information from the governor’s office:
- Construction Covid - 19 Checklist
- Construction Protocol Summary for Covid - 19 as of May 18 2020
- Covid - 19 Safety Standards for Construction Sites as of May 18 2020
While the Acton Town Hall is closed to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 Virus, Building permitting services will be available via phone, email & USPS mail.
Permit applications are available online at the building division web page. They can be printed out and mailed in with the appropriate fee to:
The Building Division
472 Main Street
Acton MA 01720
When the review is complete and the permit is issued we will mail or email the permit to you.
We will be conducting regular inspections while following the protocols per Governor Baker’s directives.
If the proper protocols are not being observed, we may refuse to conduct the inspection and direct you to stop work until compliance is in place.
We will make every effort to continue to serve and assist you.
Thank you for your patience during this time.
Acton Building Commissioner
- Reviews building permit applications and issues appropriate permits
- Enforces the State of Massachusetts plumbing, gas, and electrical codes
- Conducts safety inspections of day-care centers, restaurants, educational facilities, and multi-family residences of more than four units
- Enforces numerous Town bylaws and State regulations