The Acton Public Health Department is the facilitator for the Board of Health and the Town in safeguarding the public health of the people living and working in the Town of Acton. This is accomplished by protecting and enhancing the environment and public health through education and enforcement of environmental and public health regulations.
- Supervising and directing the Acton Public Health Nursing Service and the Community Services Coordinator
- Responding to public health nuisance complaints
- Performing inspections to ensure safe and sanitary housing
- Operating the Pre-Occupancy Housing Inspection program.
- Reviewing, permitting, and inspecting food service facilities, tanning facilities, body art facilities, public swimming pools, beaches, and camps for children
- Providing public and environmental health emergency response capabilities
- Reporting and recording communicable disease information
- Overseeing the activities of the Central Massachusetts Mosquito Control Project
- Monitoring and directing the activities of the Animal Inspector and the Sealer of Weights and Measures
Health Department Survey
The Acton Health Department needs to hear from you! We previously conducted this survey approximately 8 years ago and received 800 responses! We would love to hear from all of you this time!
We are asking you what you think Acton needs to be a healthier community. We have taken strides on implementing the results from 8 years ago and now we want to know if we should still be working on those or if there are different needs that you can identify for our community.
Please take a minute complete the survey. You can email the Health Department at firstname.lastname@example.org have a link sent to you and be added to our mailing list or visit https://tinyurl.com/healthyacton